Wednesday, May 06, 2009

The Final Exam for Wednesday, 6 May Edition

One of the reasons for taking today off from the day job is that I'm giving my final exam this evening. (And, before I forget, there's my built-in excuse for not posting here for the two days after that: university rules require me to report course grades no more than 48 hours after my final exam ends, which means I have to have them graded and the course grades reported by 8:15 pm on Friday. I'm apt to have a couple of busy evenings coming up, since I don't plan to burn another day off this week.

I certainly hope they do well. This bunch of students I've had this semester has been a good one, and I have high hopes for them. And I'm baking off a couple of batches of cookies, too, in the hopes that a little well-timed sugar rush may elicit some useful physics-related thoughts from them.

In case any of my students are reading this, two things. First, go work a couple of problems! And second, please remember that electrical potential and electrical potential energy are different physical quantities, with different units and everything. Don't be deceived by the similar names.

No comments: