Monday, July 28, 2008

Announcing: the Winner!

William Grigg is hereby recognized as a Complete Genius by virtue of his winning the First Annual Chestnut Tree Complete Genius Award. To see why, check out his analysis of the bailout of our good friends Fannie and Freddie here. I did not realize, when I saw Reservoir Dogs, that I was seeing an extended metaphor of state "capitalism" in the U.S.

I'm really not looking forward to the scene where "Stuck in the Middle With You" plays. I just hate being taped to a kitchen chair when Mr. Blonde turns on the radio and gets out the straight razor.

I haven't decided yet what the prize is (that's awarded to Chestnut Tree Complete Geniuses). I guess maybe I don't have to decide unless Mr. Grigg shows up to claim it. If he does ... well, one thing I know: whatever it is, it's cheap.

No comments: