Monday, May 21, 2007

Another Sunday Morning

Last week was interesting -- in a horrible sort of way -- but enough's enough, and I was congregated with my brother and sister congregants during the usual times yesterday morning. But now I've caught on to this miracle internet thing, and I can easily pick up a "Meet the Press" transcript whenever I want. Will wonders never cease?

Clearly, they haven't ceased yet. I find that Newtie "Divorce Them Cancer Wives" Gingrich said something that I can agree with. I must immediately say that he said it sarcastically, as a kind of reductio ad absurdam. I don't mind, though; the Newtster's absurdam is my veritas. The subject was deadlines for withdrawal from Mesopotamia ...
I mean, if, if, if we have to set a deadline, then let’s set it for next Tuesday. Let’s get out of there.
Of course, a whole ton of nonsense and villainy followed. But at least we got a tiny gem of unintended truth first. I mean, as I type this, it's already "next Tuesday" in Iraq. Come on, guys -- grab your toothbrushes and your small arms and let's get on that plane!

2 comments:

itsmecissy said...

Jim,
The ONLY way to end this war is to draft all 100 U.S. Senators and all 435 U.S. Representatives. Give them all a uniform, a flak jacket, a helmet, an M-16, and then ship them all to Baghdad. They may suddenly see how "supporting the troops" means bringing them home to their families and loved ones.

Jim Wetzel said...

That's an attractive idea in so many ways ...