Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Reality Beggars Art


Did anyone else catch Prexy's final press conference Monday? Grace did. I heard it (well, part of it) on NPR on my way to the dentist's.








Listening to the murderous feeb, my thought was that Mike Judge tried to do the impossible, in making Idiocracy: he tried to parody Uh-mur'ka. You can't do it. The Deciderer makes his President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho look positively thoughtful.






I don't know about you, but as a proud citizen of the Yew Ess of Ay, I say it's time for a tall, cool Brawndo -- the thirst mutilator! It's got what plants crave. It's got electrolytes!

1 comment:

Dauvit Balfour said...

Absolutely awesome...

I once had someone tell me very seriously that he thought the Decider was an extremely smart man who invaded Iraq to protect our Mideast interests and prevent terrorism and generally save the world and make it a happy place full of rainbows and puppies... well, he didn't say the last part about puppies, but he might as well have.

I can't decide whether to loathe Bush for the evil he has caused, or to pity him as the plaything of people more subtle than he.