Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The New Kind of Politics

Now, let's see if I've got this correct.

Sen. Obama is really, really annoyed with the Rev. Jeremiah Wright:
"... when he equates the United States's wartime efforts with terrorism; there are no excuses. They offend me. They rightly offend all Americans."
Now, Sen. Obama, would it make any difference if, in fact, it would turn out that there actually is substantial parallelism between "America's wartime efforts" and "terrorism?"

Of course, I'm not talking about ancient history, like Hiroshima, or Nagasaki, or the firestorms of Tokyo or Dresden. That's two-thirds of a century ago. I'm not even talking about stale news, like Abu Ghraib. I'm talking about tomorrow, man. I'm talking about the 99.9999% or more of Iranians who don't have squat to say about what their supervisors might do. And I'm talking about America's progressive candidates, not some ancient psycho like Bomber McCain. I'm talking about Momma Hillary:
"Well, the question was, if Iran were to launch a nuclear attack on Israel, what would our response be? I want the Iranians to know that if I am president, we will attack Iran. And I want them to understand that. Because it does mean that they have to look very carefully at their society. Because whatever stage of development they might be in their nuclear weapons program, in the next 10 years during which they might foolishly consider launching an attack on Israel, we would be able to totally obliterate them."
And Saint Obama:
Obama said keeping Iran free of nuclear weapons would be one of his top priorities in the White House.

"I will take no options off the table when it comes to preventing them from using nuclear weapons or obtaining nuclear weapons," he said. "And that would include any threats directed at Israel, or any of our allies."
No, the acceptability of any statement to any Real Responsible American -- and that emphatically includes Barack Obama, apostle of a new kind of politics -- is quite independent of whether or not it's true. Truth is the one thing that matters not at all.

Be sure to vote, now. Voting changes things. And Sen. Obama ... he's very different, don'tcha know.

1 comment:

lemming said...

I am persuaded that the Democratic Party's nominee choice will have very little to do with the candidate's platform. (OK, I'm a geek, so I'm doing my research.) It's going to come down to personality, ethnicity, etc.

This is dreadful. Nonetheless, I'm still excited that my vote counts.